PURE Portal -Abertay theses
Abertay's open access repository lists all Abertay PhD theses and some Masters by Research and MPhil theses. The full text for many of the theses are freely available to everyone. If you have a query regarding access to an Abertay thesis, email firstname.lastname@example.org uk.
EThOS - UK Theses.
EThOS is a British Library service providing full text access (where available) to theses from UK institutions, linking either directly from EThOS or via a link to the repository of the awarding institution.
It is free of charge to join, but you need to register for an account in order to download theses. Theses that are not currently available full text can be requested, but may incur a fee. Not all UK universities take part in EThOS (notably Oxford and Cambridge), but if you require a doctoral thesis from one of these institutions, please contact Interlibrary@abertay.ac.uk
DART-Europe E-Theses Portal - European Theses.
DART-Europe eTheses Portal is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses from over 600 institutions from 28 countries.
PQDT Open - mainly US Theses.
PQDT Open provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
Ebsco Open Dissertations
An Ebsco tool that searches for international open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
Other Useful Resources
- NDLTD (Networked Library of Theses and Dissertations). An Open Access Initiative union catalogue of theses and dissertations from many countries, which are all immediately available electronically via links to institutional repositories.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations. An index of over 1.6 million freely available electronic theses and dissertations.
- SUDOC. SUDOC is a French union catalogue which allows you to search theses and dissertations completed at universities in France.
- Dialnet. Dialnet allows you to search for theses completed at Spanish universities – many have links to the full text.
If you need more help finding specific theses and dissertations, please contact your Academic Librarian.
Some suggested sites for national statistics includes:
- Office of National Statistics
The UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- 2011 Census: Population Estimates for the UK, March 2011
- 2011 Census analysis index, including analysis of topics: health and social care; migration and demography; ethnicity, national identity, language and religion; labour market housing and qualifications; and travel to work and other geographic analysis.
- Government Data
Browse by theme of keywords for data published by government departments and agencies, public bodies and local authorities.
- General Register Officer for Scotland
- Northern Ireland Statistics Research Agency
- Welsh Statistics Directorate
- Monthly Bulletin of Statistics Online - presents current economic and social statistics for more that 200 countries and territories of the world.
- United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
- National Statistics Offices Websites - a UNSD central repository of country profiles of statistical systems.
- Quandl Financial, economic, and social datasets
- UK Data Service
Funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), the UK Data Service collection includes major UK government-sponsored surveys, cross-national surveys, longitudinal studies, UK census data, international aggregate, business data, and qualitative data across a number of themes.
- World Energy Council Objective data sets about energy to inform debate and support business decisions and policymaking.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and subject specific statistics are more likely to be available from particular organisations. For help finding statistics for your subject area, contact your .
Neither Abertay nor Dundee University Library provides access to the complete set of British Standards. If you need to find a standard, you have several options:
- Construction Information Service
Includes many British Standards and Eurocodes. This resource is limited to one user at a time, so please log out when you have finished, and if you don't get in first time, try again later. Please note you are only allowed to print out up to 5% of the British Standards held in CIS for your own collection.
We do stock a small number of standards in printed format, so always check the catalogue.
- British Standards Online
NOT a full-text resource, but you can check titles here, and also whether the standard is current, withdrawn, superseded etc.
- Interlibrary loans
It is possible to use the Interlibrary Loan scheme to obtain copies of British Standards. You will need to note down the Standard Number, title and date of publication.