Market research and company information can often be found together.
Statista is a comprehensive statistics platform with access to over 1.5 million data sets and revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2020 on over 400 industries. Includes access to the Global Consumer Survey database.
Searching explained in 3 minutes
- Business Source Complete
Business Source Complete is a great resource for all types of business-related literature including journal articles, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, industry profiles and SWOT analyses. In addition to the general search, the Business Searching Interface allows you to browse and search within these distinct collections.
Free online resources
Many companies now put their annual reports on their own website. However, the following sites also provide links to various annual reports.
- Northcote. A gateway to UK companies' annual reports on the Internet.
- AnnualReports.com. Worldwide annual reports searchable by keyword, or browsable by exchange, industry or sector.
- OrderAnnualReports.com. Allows you to request annual reports for selected companies. Some reports are available in electronic format, print reports will be posted out to you.
- Companies House. Records of all UK private and public companies. You can access two on-line databases free of charge. (a) List of disqualified directors (b) company name & address index, (with basic company information).
- Company Spotlight. This service provides you with access to annual reports and other information on selected companies.
- Dun and Bradstreet. Leading providers of business information. A free business directory is available located on the left-hand side of the home page.
- EDGAR. U.S. companies are required to file registration statements, and periodic reports through EDGAR (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission). You can access and download the information free of charge from the database.
- Europages. A European business directory listing 500,000 companies in 33 European countries. You can search the directory by product or service, by company name or business sector.
- Kompass. The Kompass web site provides information on 1.5 million companies, 23 million services / products and 400,000 trade and brand names in over 60 countries. Search by product or company details. Kompass is an excellent source of information particularly in the area of trade and brand names