Welcome to the Education subject page. This guide highlights the key resources for your subject area, and the key services and facilities available from the Library.
All required reading for your modules should be available from your online reading lists. In addition to prescribed reading, when doing your own research ‘beyond the reading list’, LibrarySearch is a quick and easy way to simultaneously search for academic content across a number of different sources. If you get stuck, please don’t hesitate to contact your Academic Librarian.
The key resources for your subject area are:
- Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning
A useful e-book available through our SpringerLink collection.
- Sage Journals Online
Full-text of nearly 500 Sage journals including several education journals such as Active Learning in Higher Education and Theory and Research in Education.
- Sage Knowledge
A useful collection of ebooks which includes a selection relating to education.
A useful collection of ebooks and journals including Higher Education and Innovative Higher Education
- Statista A comprehensive statistics platform with access to over 1.5 million data sets from 2015 to 2020 on over 400 industries. For more information and a search tutorial, check this guide..
- Taylor and Francis Online
Full-text access to almost 2,000 journals including Higher Education Research and Development, British Journal of Educational Studies and Teaching in Higher Education.
- Wiley Online Library
Access to nearly 1,500 peer-review journals including Higher Education Quarterly and New Directions for Teaching and Learning
Key websites for your subject area include:
- Advance HE Knowledge Hub Brings together thousands of higher education resources covering a wide range of topics and themes
- ERIC Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) includes an abstracting database containing useful information for teachers
- Higher Education Policy Institute An independent and non-partisan body that promotes Higher Education policy debate.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) Collects and publishes detailed information about the UK Higher Education sector.
- Quality Assurance Agency The mission of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is to safeguard standards and improve the quality of UK higher education. Website has useful reports and subject benchmarks
- Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) A learned society that aims to advance understanding of higher education through systematic research and scholarship.
- Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA)
Your Librarian is Jean McGuinness. Jean can help you find the resources you need for your research, and advise you on how best to reference them.
Tel: 01382 308823
Follow the Library on Twitter @AbertayLibrary