Welcome to the Sport subject page. This guide highlights the key resources for your subject area, and the key services and facilities available from the Library.
All required reading for your modules should be available from your online reading lists. In addition to prescribed reading, when doing your own research ‘beyond the reading list’, LibrarySearch is a quick and easy way to simultaneously search for academic content across a number of different sources. If you get stuck, please don’t hesitate to contact your Academic Librarian.
The key resources for your subject area are:
Includes over 200 full-text academic journals and several hundred magazines covering all areas of sports and sports medicine literature.
TIP: Search this together with PsycArticles, and Psychology and Behavioural Sciences Collection. Simply click on Choose Databases and select the ones you wish to search.
PMC is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
Full-text articles from more than 2,500 journals including Sport Sciences for Health and Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Statista A comprehensive statistics platform with access to over 1.5 million data sets from 2015 to 2020 on over 400 industries. For more information and a search tutorial, check this guide.
- Taylor & Francis Online
Access to over 1100 social sciences and humanities journals including Sports Biomechanics and European Journal of Sport Science.
Key websites for your subject area include:
- International Sports Federations The ISFs is responsible for the integrity of their
- Scottish Sports Association Useful webpage representing and supporting Scottish Governing Bodies of Sport
- SportScience A peer reviewed site for sports research providing articles on all aspects of sports science, coaching, statistics and other sports related topics.
- Sport Scotland. The national agency for the development of sport in Scotland.The Resources library includes publications, reports and statistics that you may find useful.
- UK Coaching - Resources. Podcasts, guides, articles, videos and webinars on all aspects of coaching.
Your Academic Librarian
Your Librarian is Carolyn Mustard. Carolyn can help you find the resources you need for your research, and advise you on how best to reference them.
Tel: 01382 308891
Follow the Library on Twitter @AbertayLibrary