Welcome to the Business and Management subject pages. This guide highlights the key resources for your subject area, and the key services and facilities available from the Library.
All required reading for your modules should be available from your online reading lists. In addition to prescribed reading, when doing your own research ‘beyond the reading list’, LibrarySearch is a quick and easy way to simultaneously search for academic content across a number of different sources. If you get stuck, please don’t hesitate to contact your Academic Librarian.
The key resources for your subject area are:
- Business Source Complete
A collection of journals and trade publication in the areas of business, management, accounting, finance and economics. A large number of these articles are available in full-text. Business Source Complete also offers thousands of SWOT analyses, industry reports, country economic reports, market research reports and case studies. There are over 1.1 million company profiles available in the unique Company View feature.
- MarketLine Advantage
A dynamic platform featuring: Coverage of 33,000+ companies, 5,000+ industry Profiles and 110 Country Profiles, all updated annually; Country Statistics Database covering 215 countries and 46 political and geographic groupings; Company Analysis Tools - an interactive suite of four tools covering 400,000 companies; 300,000+ financial deals related to companies and industries tracked by MarketLine with updates added daily; 330+ company-focused Case Studies with new titles added monthly.
- Statista Statista is a comprehensive statistics platform with access to over 1.5 million data sets and revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2020 on over 400 industries. Includes access to the Global Consumer Survey database.
Searching explained in 3 minutes
Full-text articles from more than 2,500 journals including Small Business Economics and Journal of Business Ethics.
- Wiley Online Library
Access to nearly 1,500 peer-review journals including the Business Strategy Review and Journal of Management Studies.
Key websites for your subject area include:
- BBC News. Business: The BBC business news site brings you the latest business news, provides up-to-date market data and information on the economy, companies and e-commerce.
- BIS. The website of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Biz/ed. A Web site for students and educators in business studies, economics, accounting, leisure, sport & recreation and travel & tourism.
- Biznar. Live federated search from Deep Web Technologies covering 60 business collections.
- Open Knowledge Repository. World Bank Institutional Repository offering free open access to their research outputs and knowledge product.
- Quandl. Over 7 million financial, economic, and social datasets.
- MIT Sloan Teaching Innovation Resources. MSTIR is a collection of free teaching materials, including case studies, industry notes, and management simulations.
- The Journal of Business Case Studies. Published quarterly the Journal of Business Case Studies provides free access to case studies and their solutions for teaching and research purposes. Topics include accounting, business law, economics, ethics, finance, management, marketing, and related fields.
- New York Times case studies. A collection of SME case studies. Includes suggestions from readers and a follow up on what the business owners decided to do.
- Times 100 case studies. Case studies based on key elements of business studies curriculum using real information from companies.
Key websites for your subject area include:
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Access to a range of useful publications which are free to download.
- UK Data Service. Extensive range of key economic and social data, both quantitative and qualitative, spanning many disciplines and them
- Financial Statistics. Download key financial and monetary statistics from the Office for National Statistics. Includes data on public sector finance, government expenditure and banks and building societies.
- FRC (Financial Reporting Council). Access to a range of publications. Also includes links to the Accounting Standards Board and Auditing Practice Board
- ICAS (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland). Information about ICAS. The site also provides access to news and publications in the areas of Accounting and Auditing, Taxation and Business Issues.
- Open Knowledge Repository. World Bank Institutional Repository offering free open access to their research outputs and knowledge products
- Quandl. Over 7million financial, economic, and social datasets
Your Librarian is Carolyn Mustard. Carolyn can help you find the resources you need for your research, and advise you on how best to reference them.
Tel: 01382 308891
Follow the Library on Twitter @AbertayLibrary