- Please use our digital resources, where available, to help avoid unnecessary traffic in the building.
- Our (ebooks, ejournals, databases, and our ) is available online 24/7, and we will continue to make as many of the resources on your available online as possible.
- Some readings are still only available in print and you will be able to browse and borrow books. Please use the self-service kiosks to check books out and please return all books to the book drop.
- Returned Library books will be quarantined for at least 72 hours to make sure they’re safe for the next person to use. Because of this, our circulation times may be slightly longer than you're used to.
Using other libraries
Reciprocal access to other local libraries, including Dundee and St. Andrews University is currently suspended due to coronavirus restrictions. The SCONUL Access scheme is also currently suspended across the U.K.
Study Spaces and PCs
- Social distancing rules mean we have had to significantly reduce the number of study spaces available.
- The number of PCs available has also been significantly reduced, so please bring your own device if you can.
- 100 of the study spaces with PCs will only be available if you pre-book (morning or afternoon slots available), including those PCs with specialist software. Booking for these slots is via https://bookings.abertay.ac.uk. A smaller number of study spaces with PCs (30) will still be available on a first come first served basis
- The laptop lockers are available for short-term laptop loans (returned laptops will be quarantined before they become available for loan again, which could reduce availability).
- Photocopying and printing facilities are only be available on levels 1 and 2.
- To help maintain safe distances between students, we have removed some furniture. Do not rearrange any of the remaining furniture or equipment.
- The Library is open to support solo working. For the time being there are no group study facilities. Please continue to use collaboration tools (such as Teams) for group work.
Food and Drink
- To reduce the risk of transmission and to allow our cleaning teams to focus on communal spaces, for the time being, no food is allowed in any part of the Library. Drinks are still permitted, in containers with lids.
- The microwave in the foyer has been removed.
- Our vending machines are currently switched off.
- The water coolers are still available.