Book browsing is currently suspended under Scottish Government Level 4 restrictions
We would encourage you to use our online resources rather than visiting the Library building. We will also continue to make as many of the titles on your reading lists available online as possible, via our collections of ebooks, ejournals, and databases.
For books that are not already available online, we are now operating an online click and collect service to enable you to access the physical book stock (as you will be unable to directly browse the physical book stock within the library building).
The click and collect service enables you to request titles using LibrarySearch for subsequent pick up at the Library.
How to use Click and Collect
- Click the 'sign in' link on LibrarySearch (top right)
- Enter your search terms then click the title you want in the results list
- Scroll down to the 'Get It' tab
- Click the 'Request' link which is at the top of the Get It tab, above the list of available items
- Complete the pop-up as instructed and click the 'Request' button at the bottom right to submit
- Staff will then fetch the items from the shelves, scan them, and leave them at the collection point in the Library foyer. You will be informed by e-mail when your item(s) are available for collection
- If you would like to cancel your request, you can do this via the 'My Requests' section of your account in LibrarySearch (get to this by clicking your name at the top right after you have signed in)
Watch a short video.
- Please do not come to the library to collect any items until you have received an email confirming they are available for collection.
- If you place your request before 12:00 Monday–Friday, we will aim to have your items ready for collection between 0900-1700 the next weekday.
- Items can be collected at any point during the Library opening hours however please wait until we have emailed you to confirm that they are available.
- Please bring your ID card, as this will be required for proof of identity, and to use the self-service kiosk. And remember also to bring suitable bags to carry your items away, as we are unable to provide these.
- Please collect your items from the Library foyer and use the self-service kiosk (preferred) to issue them to yourself - this can ensure that the service is zero contact.
- Please ensure you wear a face covering and observe the 2m distancing regulations while you collect and pack up your items.
- Any items not collected within 3 working days (not including Saturday and Sunday) will be returned and re-shelved.
- If you have any problems or questions regarding requesting items, please contact us.
Watch a short video.
- Please use the self-return kiosk and book drop on level 1 of the Library when returning your items.