Posted on 25th Sep 2018
This is a reminder that the access model for Pluralsight has changed - no email invites or group codes are required in order to access this resource. If you are in one of the permitted groups, you can login via single sign-on (SSO) which means using your Abertay network credentials.
What is Pluralsight?
Pluralsight (formerly Digital Tutors) is a learning technology platform and is the world's largest CG, VFX and digital art training resource. It contains video tutorials on Maya, XNA, Zbrush, Photoshop, Flash and and much more!
How do I access Pluralsight?
- Go to http://pluralsight.abertay.ac.uk/
- Login using your Abertay credentials (in the format username = email@example.com)
- You can find this link on the Library Resources A-Z page, the Computer Arts & Games Subject Guide and the Sound & Music for Games Subject Guide
Who can access Pluralsight?
Access to this resource is restricted to some SDI students and staff only. Please note access is permitted to the following groups:
- Sound and Music for Games (Years 3 and 4)
- Game Design and Production Management + Game Design and Production (Years 1,2,3,4 plus accelerated)
- Computer Arts (Years 1,2,3,4 plus accelerated)
- MProf Games Development
- Computer Games Technology MSc
- SDI staff (teaching on the above programmes/modules)
- Note: CGT and GGAD undergraduate students do not currently have access to Pluralsight
Any staff or students who do not belong to one of these groups will just see an SSO error screen when trying to login as they are not authorised to use this resource. This is because Pluralsight operates on a limited license access model so everyone that logs in must have a license and account assigned to them. We have a set number of licenses available for those groups where it is a core teaching resource.
If you can't access Pluralsight using your Abertay credentials and belong to one of the above groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org