Posted on 4th May 2018
Library Services are VERY happy to announce that we have a new subscription to IEEE/IET Electronic Library via the IEEE Xplore platform
You will remember that we had trial access to this resource at the start of 2017 and we asked for your feedback. As a result of that trial process, a lot of hard work and negotiations we have now been able to reinstate online access!
What is IEEE/IET?
IEEE Xplore is a digital library providing access to the world’s highest quality technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, electronics and related disciplines. IEEE Xplore contains full-text documents from IEEE journals, magazines, conference proceedings, standards, eBooks and educational courses.
What content does IEEE Xplore contain?
IEEE Xplore provides online access to more than 4 million full-text documents from some of the world’s most highly cited publications in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics. It contains more than 30% of the world’s technical literature.
- Journals, transactions, letters, and magazines published by the IEEE and IET, with some content dating back to 1872
- Journals published by IET, IBM, BIAI, TUP, and AGU dating back to 1930
- Conference Proceedings published by IEEE, IET and VDE VERLAG dating back to 1988
- IEEE technical standards and specifications, including active, revised, archived, and draft standards dating from 1948
- eBooks published by Wiley-IEEE Press, Wiley Telecom, MIT Press, Morgan & Claypool and other IEEE entities
- Courses representing the best of IEEE conferences, workshops, and seminars in an interactive format
Where can I access IEEE/IET Electronic Library?
You can access the platform directly using this authenticated link
IEEE/IET content is discoverable via LibrarySearch so you will be able to link directly to the full-text of journal articles, conference proceedings, technical standards etc. that you find in LibrarySearch using the links provided
In LibrarySearch you’ll see links in the View It tab of the Details screen (after you click the title in the result list) to:
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL)
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL) Conference Proceedings
- IEEE SERIES (IEL)
- IEEE Standards Select (IEL)
These are all part of the IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL) and will link out to the IEEE Xplore platform.
Where can I get help with IEEE?
- Email the Library or contact your Academic Librarian
- IEEE provides quick reference user guides with tips and tricks for using IEEE Xplore effectively. Check them out here
- There’s also a selection of quick self-paced video tutorials available covering topics like: Advanced searching, saving searches, content alerts, and lots more! You can view the video tutorials here
We’re very glad to see this resource back – as always, we’d love to hear your feedback. Please drop us an email or leave a comment below.