Posted on 9th Oct 2019
Library Services & Learner Development Services are very pleased to let you know that we've set up a trial of an interactive referencing tool and we need your help to evaluate it.
What is Cite Them Right?
Cite Them Right is a comprehensive online guide to referencing with information on how to reference almost any source in a range of styles including:
Just select a source type, choose a style and Cite Them Right will show you how the citation and reference should be formatted - magic! You can then email relevant details to yourself. There are also examples to copy, and a 'you try' box so you can build your reference on screen.
Complete the Referencing tutorial to find out about the principles behind referencing and how to acknowledge the information sources that you use. The tutorial is made up of 11 short, self-contained topics, which you can explore and revisit at any time. Content includes:
- What is referencing and why it matters
- What sources are appropriate to reference
- How to avoid plagiarism
- How to insert citations into your text
- Incorporating the work of others into your writing
- Documenting the full reference details
How do I access it?
- Go to www.citethemrightonline.com
- Click the login button from the top of the screen
- Select Abertay from the list of institutions
- Enter your Abertay credentials when you see our unified login screen (ADFS)
- Note: you may have to follow these steps when on-campus if you haven't authenticated already in your browser session or don't have MyAbertay open.
We'd love you to try Cite Them Right and tell us what you think by completing this feedback survey.
If you complete the survey, you will receive £5 of print credit and you will also be entered into a prize draw to win an Apple Watch!*
*Prize of an Apple Watch for ONE winner only across both Skills For Study and Cite Them Right surveys. Everyone who completes the survey will receive £5 of print credit - open to currently registered students only.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org