CINAHL Plus with Full Text (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature)
CINAHL Plus with Full Text covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines (includig Athletic Training, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Social Service in Health Care) This database also provides access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, audiovisuals, book chapters and more.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
CINAHL Plus with Full Text journal content is also available via LibrarySearch - however, we recommend going direct to CINAHL to search.
Features and Benefits
- Provides an easy-to-use interface with basic and advanced search features and searchable cited references
- Subject Headings help users effectively search and retrieve information and follow the structure of the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used by the National Library of Medicine
- Provides full text for more than 700 journals dating as far back as 1937 (note: coverage varies for each title and some current full-text content is embargoed)
- Contains nearly 4.8 million records
- Offers indexing for more than 5,000 journals
- Includes searchable cited references for more than 1,400 journals
- Includes author affiliations
User Guides and Online Help
EBSCO have created comprehensive help guides for all CINAHL products including FAQs, search queries, and help with CINAHL Subject Headings.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text Help Sheet
CINAHL Databases FQAs
For more help and information go here
EBSCO have also created training videos for CINAHL products.
These tutorials demonstrate the basic and advanced searching features of the suite of CINAHL databases on EBSCOhost. Additional functionality available from the CINAHL Plus, CINAHL Plus with Full Text and CINAHL Complete databases is also included. Please note that the version subscribed to by the Library is CINAHL Plus with Full Text.
Basic Searching in CINAHL
Advanced Searching in CINAHL
Screen Layout and Functionality
Understanding the Results Screen