Library services during coronavirus response
Whilst the Library is closed we will be taking the following measures to support students and staff working remotely:
- We will continue to make as many of the resources on your module reading lists available online.
- Any items on your reading lists only available in print, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if a digital copy can be made available.
- Items out on loan will not need to be returned until the end of June (due dates will be changed automatically for you).
- Any fines generated between 2nd March and 18th March 2020 will be waived and no new fines added.
- All current recalls will be cancelled (and no books or items can now be recalled from other borrowers).
- No requests (holds or short loan bookings) can be placed on any print items via LibrarySearch.
- Requests for journal articles etc. not available through our digital services can still be made via Inter Library Loans , but no physical items will be available to borrow through this service. Although these requests may become more difficult to source, the Library will search alternative locations and will keep you informed about the outcome of your request.
- If you do wish to return any items borrowed from the Library, AV loans and books can be returned to the Security Office.
Please be aware though that the Library is closed until further notice. No access to print resources will be available until the Library reopens, but we will do our best to source online copies wherever possible.
In relation to literature searching:
- If you are conducting research for a dissertation, final year project or PhD, remember that LibrarySearch provides access to millions of online items from multiple academic databases including: eBooks, journal articles, conference proceedings, reports, newspapers, theses & dissertations, reference materials and open access resources.
- A number of publishers have made additional content free to use during the Covid-19 pandemic and we are maintaining a list of these resources here.
- All of our Library resources are set up for seamless access both on and off-campus. If you use Google Scholar please follow the simple set-up instructions here to ensure it will pick up subscribed content from off-campus.
- Whilst searching from home, we would also recommend utilising a browser extension such as LibKey Nomad or Kopernio. These tools will find subscribed Library content plus open access versions even if you don't start searching via our Library pages. Please see details here.
We will do all we can to support you in your studies, research and teaching. Please get in touch at email@example.com and let us know how we can help.
Further study support and details on how to contact us is available from:
- StudySkills: https://intranet.abertay.ac.uk/studyskills/
- Assignment Toolkit: https://intranet.abertay.ac.uk/studyskills/assignmenttoolkit/