Welcome to Abertay
An Introduction to the many services and resources offered by support services, introduce you to our team, and give you an overview of the University’s systems policies and procedures. There are also many links to further information on the University Intranet pages.
You will find wide range of ICT & Library services and support for all types of user.
The University has a diverse range of user groups with a mixture of requests, problems and issues, and Information Services endeavours to respond to, and resolve these in a timely manner.
As a new member of staff IS will help you to:
- Obtain your own unique username and password also know as your IT Account
- Send and receive emails
- Access a range of software packages
ICT Support: - All requests for ICT assistance should be logged via the Service Desk, who will manage all support calls on behalf of the user to resolution and closure. If you are having a problem with a specific application you can check the Service Status Page first, this will indicate if there are already know issues.
ICT support comprises of two main elements:
First line support – The Service Desk provide this level of support and they can be contacted using
- online form or
- telephone (x8888 critical issues only) or
- in person, currently located in room 5528 Kydd Building
Your IT Account
You will be issued your IT Account (Username and Password) by IS Service Desk Staff prior to starting you employment, this will be your staff ID and temporary password until first login.
- Your username is your staff number with your first initial (e.g N00000). Your username & password allows you to access all university systems including MyLearningSpace, E-mail, and the Intranet.
- Your user account password is the first line of defence against unauthorised access to information stored on Abertay systems.
- Minimum requirements to creating a strong password, which are considerably harder to break.
- More information on password guidelines…
My Abertay - Provides a dashboard to University Systems and services
Staff Directory To search for a member of staff, you will need to enter either, forename, surname, role or extension number.
You should check your profile details and amend them if required, this information will be updated by HR. You can edit your own Staff profile.
The Support Enquiry Zone (SEZ) provides a single point of initial contact for students who require information, help and advice about any aspect of University life. Staff at our ‘one stop shop’ will be able to help with many types of requests immediately but if more specialist support is required we will put you in direct contact with a member of staff or team who can.