Academic Librarians and Digital Skills Officer

Each Division is supported by an Academic Librarian and the Digital Skills Officer supports all Schools with Microsoft Office applications, Blackboard and Pebblepad. Find out who to contact. 

Back to top


Can I borrow AV equipment?

There is an AV collection which includes digital cameras, laptops, DVD and audio recorders, mobile phones and other items that can be used to aid teaching and learning. A full list of equipment is available on the online booking system. The equipment can be borrowed and returned to the Support and Enquiry Zone (SEZ) level 1 of the Library.

Can the Library purchase personal orders?

We can order non-library items for your projects or research wherever you work in the University. Contact Book Orders with the details of the item you wish you request, a full fund code, and e-mail authorisation from a signatory of the fund.

Many publishers offer free inspection copies of book titles. Please check the publishers webpage to find out how to do this.

Can I record TV and radio prgrammes for my teaching?

The University holds an ERA (Educational Recording Agency) Licence which allows recordings to be made of television, radio and internet broadcasts for educational use. More information about the Licence can be found on our Copyright pages.

How do I use the interlibrary loan service?

The Interlibrary loan service supports research by obtaining material that is not in stock at Abertay. To use the service simply sign up for an Interlibrary loan account and you can then submit your requests online. Most requests for journal articles are delivered electronically to your email account.