The quickest and easiest way to populate your RefWorks account is via LibrarySearch - see below for instructions. For those of you who prefer to use the native databases, or who are conducting more comprehensive searches, you can also export references from these into RefWorks.
The instructions can vary depending on where you are searching, and most are quite straighforward and follow this general procedure:
- Open the database of your choice and conduct a search
- Tick/select the items you wish to export
- Look for an Export option
- Select RefWorks if given a choice
- You'll be prompted to choose which version of RefWorks to export to
- Import complete. Your references will be visible from your Last Imported folder where you can organise them into folders if required.
Some databases follow slightly different procedures, the main ones of which you can find below.