What is Office 365?
Office 365 is Microsoft's Office Apps on the web, allowing you access anywhere to your University email, calendar and contacts (students only), plus offering file creation and editing using Office web apps from your web browser, on your PC and mobile devices.
Staff and Students should go to the login page to access the Office 365 home page.
These key features are outlined below.
Get the latest Microsoft Office
You can get the latest Microsoft Office 2016 for your personal computer or mobile devices, free of charge.
Guide to installing Office 365 (Pro Plus)
Email and Calendar
Feature rich web browser access to your University email, calendar and contacts.
- 50GBytes of mailbox storage
- Schedule meetings quick and easy
- Share your availability with others in the University
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is personal cloud storage provided free of charge from Microsoft for storing course-related documents and material.
- 1 Terabyte of storage for your documents.
- create new Microsoft Office documents.
- includes Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint web apps.
- edit Microsoft Office documents in your web browser, from any device.
- share documents for collaboration with others.
OneNote and Office Online
Within the Office 365 suite there are web-browser-based versions of a number of Microsoft's regular Office applications. This Office Online includes:
- Web app versions of the OneNote notebook creation and sharing software and the standard Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications, allowing users to edit Microsoft Office documents in their web browser from anywhere.
- Integration with the logged-in user's OneDrive For Business so that files are automatically saved and backed up in the cloud when created.
- All documents, like every Office 365 service, are encrypted so that, if a transmission is intercepted by someone without authorization, they won't be able to read it.
- Document compatibility is no longer an issue as the web apps in Office 365 are compatible with Office filetypes back to Windows XP and Mac OS 10.5.
The Office 365 Newsfeed is a lot like Twitter or Facebook. Keep up-to-daye with conversations among your colleagues/peers, and to see other updates about their activities. The “Following” view of the newsfeed generally contains items that you’re likely to find most relevant and interesting. Here you primarily see posts created by people you’re following, and posts relating to other content you’re following, such as topics of interest and documents. In addition to the “Following” view, you might occasionally be interested in browsing the “Everyone” view, the organisation-wide newsfeed. Your newsfeed messages can include, photos, Youtube clips and links. More...
Check out your personalised feed of relevant documents. What you see is based on what you and your colleagues are working on. You can easily find colleagues to learn more about them and what they're working on.
Office 365 Video is an intranet website portal where people in your organisation can post and view videos. It's a streaming video service for your organization that is a lot like YouTube. It's a great place to share videos of executive communications or recordings of classes, meetings, presentations, or training sessions, for example. Office 365 Video displays a thumbnail image of each video on the site. You just select a thumbnail to view a particular video. More...
Keep in touch with whilst on the go.
- Retrieve and send University emails, contacts, and meeting appointments.
- Get Office 365 apps for your Surface, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Android and more...
Windows: Windows phone will have MS Word & Excel pre installed.