Some suggested sites for national statistics includes:
- Office of National Statistics
The UK's largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- 2011 Census: Population Estimates for the UK, March 2011
- 2011 Census analysis index, including analysis of topics: health and social care; migration and demography; ethnicity, national identity, language and religion; labour market housing and qualifications; and travel to work and other geographic analysis.
- Government Data
Browse by theme of keywords for data published by government departments and agencies, public bodies and local authorities.
- General Register Officer for Scotland
- Northern Ireland Statistics Research Agency
- Welsh Statistics Directorate
- Monthly Bulletin of Statistics Online - presents current economic and social statistics for more that 200 countries and territories of the world.
- United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
- National Statistics Offices Websites - a UNSD central repository of country profiles of statistical systems.
- Quandl Financial, economic, and social datasets
- UK Data Service
Funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), the UK Data Service collection includes major UK government-sponsored surveys, cross-national surveys, longitudinal studies, UK census data, international aggregate, business data, and qualitative data across a number of themes.
- World Energy Council Objective data sets about energy to inform debate and support business decisions and policymaking.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and subject specific statistics are more likely to be available from particular organisations. For help finding statistics for your subject area, contact your Academic Librarian.