Additional Online library resources available during Covid-19 measures
In light of COVID-19, some publishers are increasing access to some of the resources below in order to support online teaching, learning and research. This list will be updated as we receive further information.
- publishers may withdraw access at any time (and will certainly rescind free access as soon as the current crisis is over).
- these resources have to be accessed through the links below (they cannot be accessed via LibrarySearch)
- our A-Z list of subscribed resources is available on a permanent basis.
If you experience any issues with accessing these temporary resources, please email email@example.com
- Bloomsbury Human Kinetics Library - Trial access until 13th November 2020 - Human Kinetics Library is a digital resource dedicated to the research, teaching, and understanding of kinesiology, sport, and exercise science. With over 150 ebooks from Human Kinetics, including textbooks, supplementary monographs and materials for practitioners as well as over 200 videos including demonstrations of exercise movements and explanations of key physical activity concepts.
- Cambridge Core - CUP is making their higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access during the COVID-19 crisis. Over 700 textbooks published and available on Cambridge Core are temporarily available regardless of whether they were previously purchased.
- EBSCOhost eBooks are offering unlimited user access to titles that are already suscribed to.
- JSTOR are offering free access to 26 journal archives in public health until 31st December 2020. You can access those here. They are also offering extended access of their journal archives, primary source collections and some eBooks where institutions have an existing subscription.
- Pearson have developed a set of free resources such as webinars on online learning and actionable articles on utilising online communication tools. You can sign up to request access to Pearson texts and online teaching materials.
- Sage Research Methods - Trial access until 4th November 2020 SAGE Research Methods is the ultimate methods library with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos by world-leading academics from across the social sciences, including the largest collection of qualitative methods books available online from any scholarly publisher. The site is designed to guide users to the content they need to learn a little or a lot about their method. The Methods Map can help those less familiar with research methods to find the best technique to use in their research. Built upon SAGE’s legacy of methods publishing, SAGE Research Methods is the essential online tool for researchers.
- University of Michigan Press eBooks - The eBooks in this collection have been made open access until the end of August. Topics include: political science; American studies; Asian and African studies. Please note you will only be able to read on screen, not download.