Additional Online library resources available during Covid-19 measures
In light of COVID-19, some publishers are increasing access to some of the resources below in order to support online teaching, learning and research. This list will be updated as we receive further information.
- publishers may withdraw access at any time (and will certainly rescind free access as soon as the current crisis is over).
- these resources have to be accessed through the links below (they cannot be accessed via LibrarySearch)
- our A-Z list of subscribed resources is available on a permanent basis.
If you experience any issues with accessing these temporary resources, please email email@example.com
- Cambridge Core - CUP is making their higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access during the COVID-19 crisis. Over 700 textbooks published and available on Cambridge Core are temporarily available regardless of whether they were previously purchased.
- EBSCOhost eBooks are offering unlimited user access to titles that are already suscribed to.
- EDP Science Journals has opened content on their site from 2018-2020 so it is freely available for all to read during the pandemic. Subjects include physics, humanities, maths, engineering, life sciences and medicine. Available until 31st August 2020.
- HeinOnline UK Academic Core is available on a free trial basis until 31st August 2020. This package includes more than 2,600 Law journals, more than 12,000 books and treatises, government documents, and lots more. UK Academic Core is made up of 29 UK and international databases including: Law Journal Library, History of International Law and American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- JSTOR are offering free access to 26 journal archives in public health until 31st December 2020. You can access those here. They are also offering extended access of their journal archives, primary source collections and some eBooks where institutions have an existing subscription.
- Pearson have developed a set of free resources such as webinars on online learning and actionable articles on utilising online communication tools. You can sign up to request access to Pearson texts and online teaching materials.
- ScienceDirect have opened up access to their 256 textbooks until 31st August 2020. You can view an Excel list of the titles here.
- University of Michigan Press eBooks - The eBooks in this collection have been made open access until the end of August. Topics include: political science; American studies; Asian and African studies. Please note you will only be able to read on screen, not download.